Don’t Give Up !!


O
ne day, at my home I sat on my bed and I was thinking about how to make a good story again in order to win this competition. I was reading the letter when suddenly my mom called me to go to the dining room. And then I walked to the dining room.  I asked, “Mom, what kind of food are we going to eat now?? Chicken Curry or Rawon??” My mom said, ” No chicken curry and no rawon, we will eat a delicious food.” Mom show me a bowl  full of vegetable salad. “Mom !! I want to eat some meat. Look my body I’m very thin.” Mom pour a half of vegetable salad on my plate. “Hmm… You look so fine and have a good weight..”,said Mom. “Ow okay,okay, but by the way I have a good news for you.” “And what is it?” said Mom curiously. “ My story accepted to become nominee of The Best Story in Indonesian Short Story Competition (ISSC)!!” “Wow.. good job my girl!! I’m so proud of you! But when did you send your story?” asked Mom. I explained that I send my story a month ago, and I received the confirmation letter this morning. The letter said that I had to send new story again about animal. “Oww well, you should work hard so that you can win this competition. I hope you can be the 1st winner” “Yes, you’re right. But Mom I don’t have any idea to write short story again, do you have some suggestion??” “Yes, I have an idea for you girl. You can go to Uncle Joe. He is writer of many  storybook.” “ Exactly, I must to go his house. Can you take me to go there, Mom?? “ “Yes, my lovely girl ..”
After that my mom took me to go Uncle Joe’s House. We arrived in his house at half past nine morning. I pushed the bell, and the bell rang. Uncle Joe saw us and opened the door. “Hi, Uncle Joe !! How are you?? “ asked me. “ I’m fine Sarang. Do you have some problems that I can fix it for you??”. I told uncle what kind of my problem. “Oh..you don’t have idea to write your story. Uncle will help you, let’s go to the Uncle’s Backyard!!”. My mom left me at the Uncle’s House, then I followed Uncle Joe to go to his backyard. “ Viola !! This is my “idea place”. You can explore and search your idea in there.” I amazed see his backyard. His backyard full of plants, and flowers. It looked like tiny garden. I walked and touched some flowers. The flowers are rose, aster, tulip, and many more. I also saw a small cage. Inside the cage there lived 3 little rabbits. They were eating some carrots when I looked them. Uncle Joe told me that he usually go to his backyard to find an idea in order to make some storybook.

Uncle said that I can walked around and after that I can write my story in the gazebo. I walked around and I saw  2 butterflies and 1 bee on the flower. They looked like they are talking with each other. Suddenly I have an idea, I will write a story about bee and butterflies. I ran to the gazebo. Then I took a pencil and started to write a story about that. I wrote some paragraph until I didn’t have any  idea left. I wrote some words and erase words repeatedly. I puzzled, I couldn’t find an idea to continue my story. Immediately I started to cry. My tears wetted my paper. I felt like I couldn’t continue my story. Afterward suddenly, Uncle Joe came and tried to calm down me. He said,”Sarang, why are you crying ?? chup-chup.” I told Uncle Joe that I couldn’t finish my story. “Sarang you shouldn’t cry, if you have some trouble you can tell me.” said Uncle. ”What about the bee help the butterfly to carry it. They can bring the nectar together.” suggest Uncle. After that, Uncle help me until I could finished my story. I felt happy, while Uncle was helping me. I said, “Thank you uncle for your help so that I can finished my story.” Uncle replied, ”Your welcome, Sarang. Next time you don’t have to cry . You must cheer up and don’t give up. Try and try again ..!!   !“ Then Uncle invited me to eat. Uncle cooked me Rendang Padang. I felt very happy because I wanted eat some meat. I ate Rendang with a bowl of rice. “Enjoy your meal, Sarang !!” said Uncle Joe.  I was eating when Mom came. “Hello Sarang!! Have you finished your story??” Mom asked me. “Yes, Mom. Uncle Joe helped me.” answered me. After enjoying the meal, Mom and I must leave Uncle Joe’s Home to pick up Daebak from kindergarten. “감사합니다 Uncle!!” said me before leave his house. After we picked Daebak, Mom delivered me to the post office. Mom and I sent my story to the commitee ISSC.


A week later, I received a letter confirmation. The letter told me that I won as The Creative and The Best Story. I was very happy, when I read the letter. I phoned Uncle and he congratulate me. One thing that I can learn from Uncle. You don’t  have to give up. You must try and try again, because Success is an achievement that comes after the failures.

Dictionary :
감사합니다 : Thank You
   : Fighting (Cheer Up in Korean Language)



 
   
Made by Nelwan Satria Putra
(Tugas Mandiri Tak Terstruktur Bahasa Inggris Tahun 2015) 

Comments

Popular Posts